An attempt to hatch chicken eggs, using a cardboard box and a heat lamp, in

a preschool classroom at First United Methodist Church caused a fire early

Thursday that firefighters said could have been massive.


Capt. Dave Tomlinson, Ardmore Fire Department, said the blaze was reported

abut 7:20 a.m. by a passerby. The fire was contained, but soot and smoke

damage resulted in what will be an extensive cleanup effort.

See the full story in Friday’s edition of The Ardmoreite.


An attempt to hatch chicken eggs, using a cardboard box and a heat lamp, in
a preschool classroom at First United Methodist Church caused a fire early
Thursday that firefighters said could have been massive.

Capt. Dave Tomlinson, Ardmore Fire Department, said the blaze was reported
abut 7:20 a.m. by a passerby. The fire was contained, but soot and smoke
damage resulted in what will be an extensive cleanup effort.
See the full story in Friday’s edition of The Ardmoreite.