Nominations for selection of 2013 inductees to the Oklahoma Women’s Hall of Fame are being sought by the Oklahoma Commission on the Status of Women. Inductees will be honored at an official ceremony in spring 2013.
To be eligible for the Oklahoma Women Hall of Fame, nominees must live in Oklahoma or be a former resident of Oklahoma. As a guide for choosing a woman to nominate, consider the following questions:
- What enduring contributions has she made?
- How has she positively elevated the status and positively impacted women and girls?
- Has she helped open new frontiers or women and society in general?
- Is the community/state/nation or world better for the contributions of the nominee?
- Are people in general better because of the accomplishments of the nominee?
- Are women in the state, the region, the United States and/or world better?
- Has their status improved or opportunities increased because of the contributions of the nominee?
- Is her particular profession or field better because of the contributions of the nominee?
Various categories of disciplines, professions or fields may include but are not limited to: Arts, Business, Community Service, Public Service, Sciences Current commissioners of the Oklahoma Commission on the Status of Women are
Nomination forms may be obtained by contacting the Commission at email@example.com or (405) 522-6897. The nomination form and a list of former honorees are available at http://www.ok.gov/ocsw/.
Page 2 of 2 -
The nomination form and supporting materials must be postmarked by January 28, 2013, and mailed to:
Oklahoma Commission on the Status of Women
2101 N. Lincoln Blvd, Suite G-40
Oklahoma City, OK 73105-4904