The Oklahoma Department of Transportation has issued the following details and clarifications for the Interstate 35-Main Street construction in Norman.
The Main St. bridge replacement and I-35 widening construction is set to begin Monday.
Meanwhile, please note the clarifications and further details about the project — Main street is not closed and not all of the ramps are either. There is access to Main St. on and off-ramps just not in all directions. Please see below:
The main impact to drivers at the beginning of the project is the closure of the cloverleaf ramps.
Closing Jan. 7 through the end of the project, less than two years:
• Northbound on I-35 to westbound Main St. - CLOSED
• Southbound I-35 to eastbound Main St. - CLOSED
• Westbound Main St. to southbound I-35 - CLOSED
• Eastbound Main St. to northbound I-35 - CLOSED
Drivers are encouraged to use Robinson St. when coming from the north or Lindsey St. from the south as alternative routes.
The diamond ramps will remain open during construction with short time closures:
• Northbound I-35 off-ramp headed eastbound (only) on Main St. - OPEN
• Eastbound Main St. on-ramp going to southbound I-35 - OPEN
• Southbound I-35 off-ramp to westbound (only) Main St. - OPEN
• Westbound Main St. headed northbound on I-35 - OPEN
East and westbound Main St. will remain OPEN through all phases of the construction project, however, it will be an active work zone. Please heed the signs and watch for crews in the area.
Closures can be found at www.okladot.state.ok.usunder Traffic Advisories or follow @OKDOT on Twitter.