Larry Darter has announced his candidacy for District 1 Commissioner. Darter has lived in District 1 for the past 44 years. In addition to being born and raised there, he and his wife Hazel raised their children in District 1.
Larry served in the Army National Guard for 31 years where he retired as a Lieutenant Colonel. Graduating college with a Master's Degree, he served 32 years in the public school system as a superintendent, teacher and coach. He also managed the local YMCA Little League ballpark for 10 years in the summer months.
"While working for the school systems, I was responsible for budgets, maintenance, personnel, transportation and food service," Larry said. "At the same time I commanded a transportation company and a combat service support battalion with the National Guard."
Darter's plan for the future of Carter County District 1include:
• Open door policy for concerns and issues to improve District 1 patrons' quality of life.
• Working with the other commissioners to get the most out of your tax dollars by insuring that money is spent where it is needed. Work to increase efficiency and make Carter County a better place to live and raise families.
• Working with the sheriff's department and the local fire departments to keep schools and neighborhoods safe.
• Provide leadership and supervision to the employees of District 1 as we provide service to you the taxpayers.
• Improve the county roads and bridges in District 1, placing priority on roads that need immediate attention.
"Trust and confidence are earned and I will do everything in my power to gain the people's support," Darter said.
To contact Darter, email him at email@example.com.