Brendon E. Marusak, the man accused in the Monday apartment complex kidnapping/rape, was formally charged in Carter County District Court Wednesday. The 27-year-old Ardmore man, who until now had a nonexistent felony criminal history, now faces seven charges— first-degree rape, two counts of first-degree rape by instrumentation, lewd acts with a child, kidnapping, first-degree burglary and unlawful possession of methamphetamine.

Court documents indicate District Attorney Craig Ladd filed the cases against Marusak, accusing him of breaking into the Knox Road apartment where the victims lived "with the intent to sexually molest a child." Subsequent charges allege one count of first-degree rape by instrumentation involving a 6-year-old victim, and one count of first-degree rape by instrumentation, first-degree rape, lewd acts, and kidnapping, all involving a 7-year-old victim, as well as the illegal possession of methamphetamine.

Charges were based on an investigation, led by Detective Billy Turner Ardmore Police Department Criminal Investigation Division. Marusak was arrested Monday after police responded about 8 a.m. to a report of a missing child at the Ashbrooke Place apartment complex, and found he had barricaded himself and the kidnapped child inside his own apartment. Police overcame the barricade, rescued the child and took the Marusak into custody about 9 a.m.

The local man was booked into the Carter County Detention Center. Tuesday prosecutors sought a 48-hour affidavit to allow the investigation to continue. Special District Judge Thomas Baldwin granted the application, setting bond at $750,000. The bond conditions also carried an order for a GPS ankle monitor, if the local man posted the monetary hold.

Tuesday Sgt. Ryan Hunnicutt, APD public information officer, also appealed to the public for information regarding Marusak or any other possible victims. Although charges were filed Wednesday Hunnicutt continued to distribute the case as "active."

Marusak made an initial appearance in district court Wednesday afternoon. The $750,000/GPS ankle monitor bond remains in place. If convicted of all seven charges, Marusak could face 80 years in prison. He currently remains detained at the county jail pending the outcome of the case.