|
|
|
The Daily Ardmoreite
  • One man injured in business fire

    • email print
  • The doors of an Ardmore business were closed Tuesday after an early Monday evening fire spread throughout the building.
    Ardmore Fire Chief Cary Williamson said the department responded to a fire at Ardmore Quik Lube at 9:05 p.m. Monday. The fire was contained, but not before a man suffered minor injuries. The business is located at 702 W. Broadway St.
    "One of the owners was inside, working on a pickup," Williamson said. "He had drained the fuel tank into a container and was checking the voltage on the fuel pump. It caused a spark and ignited the gasoline vapors."
    Williamson said the man suffered minor burns and that he was doing okay.
    "He was working late and trying to get caught up," Williamson said. "He was the only person there at the time of the fire."
    Williamson said the main damage was heat from the flash fire and, structurally, the building remains intact. Firefighters left the scene at 12:30 a.m. Tuesday. The estimated damage from the fire was $50,000 on the building and $250,000 for building contents.
      • calendar