Scheduled for Thursday, December 5, the Professional Development Institute at Oklahoma City Community College (OCCC) will offer the Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) and Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) Safety Awareness Seminar for First Responders.
The seminar will focus on the chemical properties of CNG and LPG, how to work with vehicles fueled by CNG or LPG in emergency situations, how to safely secure vehicles using CNG or LPG, discuss best practices when responding to emergencies involving CNG or LPG and more.
The full-day seminar, beginning at 9 a.m. and ending at 4 p.m., will be facilitated by Paula Cowart, director of Safety Training and Education at Oklahoma LP Gas Research Marketing and Safety Commission.
Participants to the seminar will learn:
• Properties of CNG and LPG
• Differences between CNG & LPG
• Fuel cylinder types and locations
• How to identify which types of alternative fuel sources are being used on a vehicle
• How to secure vehicles using CNG or LPG
• Best practices for handling emergencies involving alternative fuel vehicles and more.
Seminar participants will also receive a student handbook and certificate of completion from OCCC.
Registration fee for the class is $125. Seating is limited. For more information, or to register, please contact John Claybon at (405) 682-7855, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.