A 21-year-old local man and a juvenile have been arrested in connection with the Friday night stabbing of a Rockford Road convenience store clerk, while the search for a third suspect continues.

Kevontre "Tre" Jones voluntarily surrendered late Tuesday afternoon. Det. Matt Dunn, Ardmore Police Department Criminal Investigations Division, said Jones was booked into the Carter County Detention Center following interviews at police headquarters.

"He is booked in on (pending) assault and battery with a deadly weapon and robbery," said Dunn, who leads the investigation into the multiple stabbing of Yoshikazu "Yoshi" Hirashawa.

Dunn acknowledged Jones surrendered just hours after an unnamed 15-year-old was taken into custody in connection with the crime.

"The juvenile was present — waiting in the car, but did not actually participate in the assault," he said.

Still on the lam is the third suspect, identified as 18-year-old Deangelo Washington.

"He has ties to both Ardmore and Texas," Dunn emphasized, while discussing the search for Washington.

Investigators also made advances in the case against the trio Tuesday when yet another piece of important evidence was uncovered. Dunn refused to divulge what investigators found, but did say "we have recovered evidence linked to the scene of the crime from a rural Ardmore residence."

Leads also continued to flow into the APD four days after the attack, and Dunn confirmed other evidence had also been collected.

Hirashawa sustained stab wounds to the neck, shoulder, kidneys and leg during the attack about 10 p.m. outside the Rockford C Mart where he worked. He was airlifted from Mercy Hospital Ardmore to OU Medical Center shortly after the assault Friday night, and underwent emergency surgery. He remains at the metro hospital.

What led to the violent attack of the 41-year-old man, who has become widely known as a local karaoke singer?

Dunn says it is still unclear if Hirashawa was the target or if Jones and Washington had intended to rob the store.

"All we know for certain is robbery was the motive," he said.

However, the detective indicated the case was wrapping up quickly.

"We hope to have reports to the district attorney's office within the next 48 hours," he said late Tuesday.

While Washington is being encouraged to follow the actions of his cohort Jones and surrender to police, Dunn appealed to the public, asking anyone with information concerning where the third suspect may be attempting to hide to contact police headquarters at (580) 223-1212.