An Overbrook man, linked to the year-long disappearance of a Wilson teenager and her boyfriend, was sentenced to 10 years in a state prison and another 10 years on probation Tuesday in Love County District Court.

District Attorney Craig Ladd said James Con Nipp pleaded guilty to charges of assault, endangering others while eluding/attempting to elude police and unauthorized use of a vehicle.

“He got 10 years in and 10 out on the assault charge, another 10 on the endangering others and another 10 on the unauthorized use. All three sentences are to be served concurrently,” Ladd said, adding another charge of endangering others while eluding/attempting to elude police in Carter County will be included in Tuesday’s prison sentence.

The district attorney said Nipp’s guilty plea was the result of plea negotiations with his office.

Ladd commended the Oklahoma Highway Patrol for the investigation that led to the charges.

A warrant for Nipp’s arrest was filed Jan. 3 based on affidavits filed by OHP concerning a high-speed car chase that began in Wilson July 7, 2013, and crossed the Carter/Love county line. Nipp was driving a 2012 Honda Accord. Molly Miller and Colt Haynes were reportedly passengers in the car. It was the last time the Wilson teen and Hayes have been seen.

Two weeks after the chase, the wrecked Honda was found in Love County.

By that time, both the Carter and Love County Sheriff’s Departments, Lighthorse police and OSBI were investigating the disappearance of the couple. In September, OHP also launched a hit-and-run investigation into the high-speed chase and subsequent crash.

Sabrina “Shelby” Graham is also charged in the case. The car Nipp was driving belonged to Graham. At the time, the Lone Grove woman, in an apparent attempt to shield Nipp, filed a false police report claiming the car had been stolen, as well as a fraudulent insurance report. She has pleaded not guilty to both charges. Her case is set for trial on the upcoming jury docket in Carter County.