The Daily Ardmoreite
  • Firefighter burned looking for victims

    • email print
  • An Ardmore firefighter was injured Tuesday night as he searched a burning house for potential victims of the blaze.
    Fire Marshal Clyde Ellis, Ardmore Fire Department, said the name of the firefighter was not being released, but confirmed his injuries occurred when firefighters responded at 11:13 p.m. to a blaze at 902 D St. SE.
    “Firefighters were told there could be victims inside,” Ellis said. “He was attempting to locate any possible victims when the room flashed and he received second-degree burns on his back. He was treated and released at the local hospital.”
    No other injuries were reported, and no victims were found trapped inside the burning house.
    Ellis said the fire was the result of unattended “smoking material.”
    The fire was contained to one room. Damage was estimated at $20,000.
Terms of Service

    Events Calendar