The Rose State College Green Jobs Training Institute, in partnership with the U.S. EPA, is currently offering FREE job training for the water and wastewater sector. The training consists of 3 consecutive weeks of instruction and will culminate with four certifications for the graduate.
• Oklahoma D Water and D Wastewater Operator
• OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER
• OSHA 8 hour Confined Space
• Career Readiness Certificate – WorkKeys
The curriculum is designed so participants can obtain basic certifications and licenses in accordance with the state of Oklahoma. Operator positions are among the fastest growing occupations in the U.S.
The training is completely free and open to individuals meeting the following requirements.
• Must be 18 years old or older
• High school graduate or equivalent (GED)
• U.S. citizen or eligible to work in the U.S.
• Successful drug test
• Successful federal background check
• Must be able to read, speak, and write English
Two sessions remain for 2014, with an orientation required for each session. Class size will be limited to 20 participants in each.
• August 22 orientation; September 8-26 training session.
• October 3 orientation; November 3-21 training session.
Interested individuals are encouraged to contact the Rose State College Oklahoma Environmental Training Center today to reserve a seat in one of the upcoming training orientations. Call (405) 733-7488.