1. The 75th Annual Carter County Free Fair kicks off at 4 p.m. Tuesday at the Hardy Murphy Coliseum. As the county’s longest running event, the goal of the fair is to entertain and promote Carter County’s traditions, talents, diversity, vision, agricultural heritage, safely and to promote education for the youth of Carter County through exhibits and tours free of charge.
2. The Sulphur Chamber of Commerce Bison View 5K begins at 7 a.m. Saturday. The scenic run will take participants through the Chickasaw National Recreation Area. Packet pick up and registration will begin at 6:30 a.m. at the Artesian Hotel. The registration booth will be located outside on Muskogee Street on the south side of the hotel.
Register online at www.signmeup.com/121363 or in person at the Sulphur Chamber of Commerce, located on 717 W. Broadway. For questions contact the Sulphur Chamber at (580) 622-2824.
3. Saturday will be a special night for area dog lovers and their furry family members when the Ardmore Parks and Recreation department hosts a dog’s “Movie Night in the Park” at Ardmore’s Regional Park.
Homeward Bound will begin at dusk. Attendance is free and there will be dog treats and concessions available for purchase. All dogs must remain on leashes.
4. Sulphur’s biggest annual car and bike show, the City of Springs Car Show, begins at 9 a.m. Saturday. With more than 40 classes of cars ranging across several decades, there is something for nearly everyone’s automotive taste. There will also be music and food while judges browse the entries. For questions call (580) 622-6387.
5. The 2nd Annual State Weiner Dog Racing Championships and 1st ever Weiner Review Costume Contest will be the highlight of the Cleveland County Sunday’s festivities. Out-of-state entries are welcome. No entry fee. The races start at 1 p.m., check-in begins at noon at the Cleveland County Fairgrounds in Norman.