Latest developments in Jessie M. Davis' murder.

Patty Porter made sure to stand where Bobby L. Cutts Jr. could see her. She even switched places with a few reporters for a seat front-and-center in the crowded courtroom gallery.   First Cutts then Myisha L. Ferrell appeared before the judge on charges related to the death of Porter’s daughter. Porter stood silently. At one point, Cutts appeared to glance in her direction.   “I’m not sitting down when I see Bobby Cutts,” Porter said, adding later, “We do not want vengeance here. We want justice.”   Bond Set   Cutts, 30, of 7438 Ayrshire Ave. NE in Plain Township, is accused of killing Jessie M. Davis in her Lake Township home June 14, according to court papers. It’s the first time investigators have pinpointed the day and location of Davis’ death.   Stark County sheriff’s deputies arrested Cutts, a city police officer, Saturday on two counts of murder.   Davis, 26, was nine months pregnant. The second murder charge pertains to the death of her unborn child, which her family members said Cutts fathered.   Municipal Court Judge John Poulos set Cutts’ bail at $5 million.   “I almost started cheering at $5 million, wishing it would be $10 million,” Porter said after the hearing.   Poulos set bail at $500,000 for Ferrell, 29, of 1245 Oxford Ave. NW, Apt. 1.   She obstructed justice by giving false statements to investigators June 15, the day Davis was reported missing, according to court papers. Court filing do not elaborate.   Close to the Vest   Lawyers on both sides of the case were tight-lipped after the hearing.   Cutts’ attorney, Bradley Iams, would not discuss the evidence, legal theories or conversations he has had with Cutts.   He did say Cutts was suspended Monday from the police force without pay.   Ferrell’s attorneys from the Stark County Public Defender’s office were unavailable for comment.   City prosecutor Frank Forchione also refused to get into specifics.   “We’re keeping the facts close for a reason. At some point the facts will come out and the public will understand why (the investigation) was handled in this manner,” he said.   The judge scheduled preliminary hearings for Cutts and Ferrell on July 2.   Forchione said he has talked with county prosecutors and sheriff’s deputies about taking the case directly to a grand jury. A decision could be made later this week.   Not having a preliminary hearing would protect Davis’ family from the stress of another court appearance, Forchione said. It would also allow the investigation to continue without making evidence public.   “Just because (Cutts and Ferrell) were placed in custody doesn’t mean the investigation is in any way completed,” Forchione said.   Sheriff’s deputies recovered Davis’ body in the Hampton Hills Metro Park in Summit County after a weeklong search.   Joe Orlando, chief investigator for the Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office, released no new information Monday. Orlando estimated it could take several weeks before the office will release what caused Davis’ death.   Custody of Blake   Not far from the media crush at Municipal Court, related developments were under way in Stark County Family Court.   At Porter’s request, a judge granted her temporary custody of Davis’ 2-year-old son Blake.   The boy has been living with Porter since she found him alone in Davis’ duplex at 8686 Essex Ave. NW. Cutts is Blake’s father.   Blake is doing as well as can be expected, Porter said. He plays with an old cell phone, pretending to talk to his mother in heaven.   In a different courtroom, another judge dismissed Cutts’ case seeking custody of his 9-year-old daughter with Nikki Giavasis, citing the criminal charges and a pending case in California.   Cutts can refile the case in the future. The girl is living in California with Giavasis, said her attorney, Jeffrey Jakmides.   Contact Shane Hoover at (330) 580-8338 or