No. 7 Oklahoma swept No. 37 Florida State 4-0 Friday night in Tallahassee, Fla.
The match was the debut event for a new weekly series, College MatchDay that airs through ESPN3 and uses an experimental format, where teams play singles first.
In the No. 3 position, Andrew Harris earned the first singles point for OU, ousting Cristian Gonzalez Mendez in straight sets 6-3, 6-2.
Harris' doubles partner, Dane Webb followed suit, beating Marco Nunez 6-3, 6-1 in the No. 4 spot.
Sophomore Axel Alvarez captured the third singles point for OU, defeating Blake Davis 7-5, 6-2 in the No. 2 position.
Guillermo Alcorta secured the Sooner victory with a 6-3, 6-4 win over Dominic Cotrone.
Because of the experimental format, no doubles matches were played.
"We competed very well tonight," head coach John Roddick said. "It was an exciting atmosphere being the first college match on ESPN3 and our guys did a great job of focusing on what they needed to do."
"Hopefully, we can keep improving as the year goes on."
Up next, OU travels to face Alabama Sunday at 11 a.m.
For more on OU tennis follow @OU_MTennis.
Oklahoma, 4 Florida State, 0
1. No. 5 Guillermo Alcorta (OU) def. Dominic Cotrone (FSU) 6-3, 6-4
2. No 6. Axel Alvarez Llamas (OU) def. Blake Davis (FSU) 7-5, 6-2
3. No. 37 Andrew Harris (OU) def. Cristian Gonzalez Mendez (FSU) 6-3, 6-2
4. No. 40 Dane Webb (OU) def. Marco Nunez (FSU) 6-3, 6-1
5. Austin Siegel (OU) def. Michael Rinaldi (FSU)
6. Nick Papac (OU) def. Grayson Goldin (FSU)