The Goddard Center is now enrolling students, both children and adults, for spring art classes and workshops.
• Hand Building Pottery — for ages 5 – 8. Where getting dirty has never been so much fun. Students will sculpt and glaze their own items, including bowls, masks, animals and other fun projects. Artist Robert Ostman teaches the class, scheduled from 5:30 – 6:45 p.m., Mondays, March 28 - May 2. The cost is $85 and all materials are provided
• Youth Wheel Throwing Pottery — for ages 9 – 14. An exciting class where students will be amazed to learn how to throw clay on the wheel, shape it into a functional work of art and glaze it. Artist Robert Ostman teaches the class, scheduled from 5:30 – 7 p.m. Thursdays, March 31 - May 5. The cost is $100 and all materials are provided
• Drawing and Painting Fundamentals — for ages 5-7, explores the basics of art through techniques and styles, such as collage, texture, and other media. Artist Sharon York teaches the class, scheduled from 4 - 5 p.m. Tuesdays March 29 - May 3 or Thursdays from 4 – 5 p.m. March 31 - May 5. The cost of the class is $75 and all materials are provided
• Drawing and Painting — for ages 8-10, offers hands-on projects for students who first draw works of art and then paint them with acrylics and watercolors. Artist Tina Vercelli teaches the class, scheduled from 4:30 – 6 p.m., Mondays, March 28 - May 2. The cost of the class is $85 and all materials are provided
• Watercolor and Acrylic Painting — for ages 11-14, will help students develop fundamental skills in painting through a variety of different projects in both watercolor and acrylic. Artist Greg Dudley teaches the class, scheduled from 4:30 – 6 p.m., Mondays, March 28 - May 2. The cost of the class is $85 and all materials are provided
• Adult classes — include still life drawing with artist Keith Murray, watercolor painting with artist John White, acrylic painting with artist Paul Walsh, wheel throwing and hand building pottery with artist Robert Ostman, drawing animals with artist Traci Martin, a daytime class for hand building pottery with artist Jim Pugh and introduction to fly tying with artist Ken Meyers.
• CLAY PLAY! — a two-day workshop for ages 4+ accompanied by an adult. Students will work together in a guided clay project. No experience needed. Artist Robert Ostman will teach the class, scheduled from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 9 (creating) and 10 a.m. to noon April 30 (glazing). The cost of the class is $50 and each additional child is $10. All materials are provided
• Plein Air Painting — (Adults) Designed to develop techniques in acrylic painting to produce a finished landscape painting outdoors in Chickasaw National Recreation area at Sulphur. Artist Paul Walsh will teach this one-day workshop, scheduled on from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 22. The cost of the workshop is $50 and materials are not provided.
• Portrait Drawing Workshop — (Adults) the workshop guides students through the process of charcoal drawing to produce a finished portrait from the student’s own photograph. Artist Traci Martin teaches the workshop from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 6. The cost of the workshop is $60 and materials are not provided.
To enroll in any of these classes, call the Goddard Center Office at (580) 226-0909. Information is also available online at www.goddardcenter.org.
The Art Studios facility is located at 425 1st Ave. SW.
Funding for the center’s Summer Arts Programs is provided in part by the Oklahoma Arts Council and the National Endowment for the Arts.
The Goddard Center is an Adventure Road Partner.