Following a regularly scheduled OSU/A&M Board of Regents meeting Friday, Oklahoma State University released the final enrollment numbers for fall 2016.
Undergraduate enrollment on the OSU-Stillwater campus reached 20,277 up 70 from last fall and an all-time high for the Stillwater campus. In addition, the total undergraduate enrollment for Stillwater/Tulsa is also up slightly to an all-time high of 21,093,
Total enrollment for OSU-Stillwater is 24,387 and total enrollment for OSU-Stillwater/Tulsa is 25,594. Both are down from a year ago due to a decline in graduate student enrollment.
This year’s enrollment figures include the third largest freshman class in OSU history of 4,156, down slightly from last year’s freshman class of 4,177. Here are few other facts about the 2016-17 freshman class:
· 65 percent from Oklahoma
· 29.4 percent are minorities
· 29.2 percent have an ACT of 27 or higher
· 16.1 percent have a 4.0 high school GPA
· 25.4 percent were in the top 10% of their high school graduating class
· 16.2 percent are first-generation college students
· 45 different states are represented