A 19-year-old Milo man pleaded guilty Wednesday to first-degree manslaughter in the Dec. 1, 2015, stabbing death of an Ardmore man.
District Attorney Craig Ladd said Christopher Banks, who had been bound over for trial on a charge of second-degree murder in March, pleaded guilty to an amended charge of first-degree manslaughter. The plea was part of negotiations with prosecutors that exchanged the guilty declaration for a sentence of 23 years in prison.
“He must do 85 percent of his time before being eligible for parole,” Ladd said.
Action to revoke Banks’ previous deferred sentenced on a accessory after the fact conviction, in connection with the 2013 stabbing of Yoshikazu “Yoshi” Hirashawa during a robbery at a Rockford Road convenience store was dismissed.
Banks appeared before District Judge Dennis Morris who accepted the plea deal and handed down the sentence.
Banks and his David Gonzalez codefendant, are charged jointly in the death of Scotty Hennesy. The duo is accused of causing Hennesy’s death by  “... by hitting, punching and stabbing” him multiple times while they were “engaged in committing the crime, of aggravated assault and battery.” Banks,  was 18, and Gonzalez, 16, at the time of the attack on Hennesy. Both face the charges as adults.
The case against Gonzalez remains pending. He was set for jury trial in August but the case was continued. Gonzalez’s case is now on the October 26 docket call with a potential November trial date.