DUNCAN — Often times the road to the playoffs can be littered with obstacles.

DUNCAN — Often times the road to the playoffs can be littered with obstacles.   For the No. 10 Ardmore Tigers, their road to the playoffs was filled with cold weather and a lot of rain Friday night.   Ardmore managed to score 19 first half points and hold off unpredictable weather, as the Tigers punched their ticket to the postseason with a 33-0 victory over the Duncan Demons at Halliburton Stadium.   With the shutout, the Tigers became the first team since Shawnee in Sept. of 2014 to blank the Demons at home as the Wolves were the last squad to do so, winning 24-0.   The victory moves the Tigers to 5-2 on the season and 4-1 in district play with two games left.   Ardmore can still claim the district 5A-2 title, but the Tigers must defeat No. 6 Noble at 7:30 p.m. Friday night at Noble Stadium in the final home game of the regular season in order to have a chance to do so.   “I’m so proud of the way these kids played tonight,” Ardmore coach Josh Newby said. “We challenged them all week long to see if they were tough enough to execute in cold weather. It was very clear in warmups that they were so excited to be here and ready to play.”   “I was very pleased at the way Creed (Cox) threw the football tonight when he needed to,” Newby added. “We knew in order to be successful tonight we’d need to run the ball, and we were able to do that very well tonight.”   Ardmore was unlucky to have not scored on the second play of the game, as Donald May broke free for a 79-yard run which appeared to be a touchdown.   Unfortunately, the Duncan defense managed to sneak in and knock the ball out of the end zone before May crossed the plain, leading to a touchback.   There was no controversy on the Tigers next possession as Creed Cox finished off a 10 play 85-yard drive with a 16-yard rushing touchdown, putting Ardmore up 6-0 at the 5:28 mark of the first quarter.   Less than three minutes into the second quarter and the Tigers were up 12-0, thanks to a second rushing touchdown from Cox, this time from 12 yards out.   Just before the half ended, Anton Scallion got in on the action for the Tigers as he pushed his way in from five yards out to make it 19-0.   The third quarter was mostly quiet for both teams, before Jaamarre Williams broke free for a 37-yard touchdown run to put Ardmore up 26-0 with 55 seconds left in the frame.   Derick Peters finished the game off in the fourth quarter as he ran in the final score of the game, a 24 yard touchdown.