Lone Grove home destroyed in large early morning fire

Sierra Rains
srains@ardmoreite.com
Lone Grove Fire Department fire truck.

A Lone Grove home was deemed a total loss Tuesday following a large early morning fire.

At around 3 a.m., Lone Grove Fire Department Chief Stacey Phelps said firefighters responded to a fire at a home located off of Ingleside Dr. A family of four was reportedly inside at the time of the fire.

However, Phelps said the family made it out of the burning house before anyone was injured. Phelps said a heat lamp that had been set on the porch to keep the family’s dog warm had reportedly overheated and sparked the fire, which proved difficult for firefighters to put out.

Firefighters were on scene until around 6:30 or 7 a.m. “It was all in the attic, so we had lots of hidden hot spots that we had to take care of,” Phelps said.

There was nothing left of the roof by the time the fire was extinguished, Phelps said, adding that the damage is being considered a total loss.

The family is currently relying on assistance from their relatives, Phelps said. “I offered to call (American Red Cross), but they said that they had a large family and they didn’t need a place to stay or anything like that.”