SUBSCRIBE NOW
Only $39 for one year.
SUBSCRIBE NOW
Only $39 for one year.

Local nail salon catches fire early Thursday morning

Sierra Rains
srains@ardmoreite.com

The Ardmore Fire Department responded to a structure fire at a local nail salon early Thursday morning.

AFD Training Officer Jason Woydziak said firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke coming from Tiffany Nails, located at 1105 W Broadway, around 4:45 a.m. “Firefighters entered the building with a hose line and extinguished the fire,” he said.

Woydziak said firefighters had the fire under control after about 15 minutes. While the building was not a total loss, the inside of the nail salon suffered smoke damage. Adjacent businesses also suffered minor smoke damage.

No injuries were reported and firefighters believe the cause of the fire was electrical. The nail salon is currently closed for renovations due to the damage and plans to reopen sometime before Feb. 14.

“Truly sorry and thank you for your understanding,” the owner wrote on a note attached to the front door of the business after the fire.